Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Graduation Anecdotes

The excitement of graduation and the world of fulltime employment with benefits, and a fantastic social life is immense during the final academic semester.
Many do not have a clue about what they are going to do with their first year away from the academic world, and those that do, have either enrolled on internships or work placements or travel. And the unlucky few wind up as a statistic in the queue for job seekers allowance.
Now I have found myself in this position. I was indeed mortified at the prospect of being there for the rest of my life.
Hunting for employment is a difficult task and some will feel down trodden at the prospect of not getting what they want.

Anyhow, as most people would do other stuff or look for employment, I am going to look for ways to make the most out of the summers and the time between now and my Graduation. The best thing that I can think of, is doing my MBA immediately. And after my MBA, ofcourse, I will once again find myself in the same situation, I am right now.

6 comments:

Umema Siddiqi said...

Awwww...enjoy these summers as they're the best ones of your life...I know it's hard, but atleast try!!! [I am known as a suggestion-giver by many] :P


And what are your plans for MBA? Doing from where?

umuj said...

u know, just before the summers, well the exact day when i had my first midz paper this semester, well, that was the best and the happiest day of my life. [can u guess why]

I'm coming back to Bahria in September for my MBA. how can i miss out on the opportunity. its not for the MBA ofcourse.
;)

Umema Siddiqi said...

hahaha...

yeah, I can guess that... Those signs of happiness were quite clear on your face.... hehehe

umuj said...

uhm, what do u mean? what did my face tell? n when did u see the look?
oh but where are my manners, im just going on like a sea horse, hehe...
but u get the picture right? about my happiness....

Umema Siddiqi said...

hahaha....it seemed like you were being held by a strong force or you would have started jumping around the whole campus wid joy!!!


:P

I agree, it was a moment of happiness

umuj said...

huh? what was a moment of happiness? im confused....
j/k ya it truly was....actually, yea, some supernatural force did keep me from jumping....